Meet Our Faculty
Steve Kim, MD
Wayne State University School of Medicine
4100 John R, M/C HW04HO
Detroit, MI 48201
Administrative Assistant: Lisa Berant
Administrative Email: email@example.com
- Surgical oncology
- Gastrointestinal/colorectal surgery
- Hepatobiliary/pancreatic surgery
- Skin cancer surgery
– American Board of Surgery – Certified
– M.D. – Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY
– B.S. – Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA
– General Surgery Resident, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
– Surgical Oncology Fellow, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
B, A, MN, , , , , AF, and Philip Cancer and Metastasis Reviews 2021; 40:625–641.
- PAK4-NAMPT Dual Inhibition Sensitizes Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumors to Everolimus. Mpilla G, Al-HallakMN, Aboukameel A, Li Y, Kim S, Beydoun R, Dyson G, Landesman Y, Uwe-Wagner K, Viola N, El-Rayes B, PhilipPA, Mohammad RM, and Azmi AS. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics 2021; Oct;20(10):1836-1845.
- Disparities in access to cancer surgery after Medicaid expansion. Mesquita-Neto JW, Cmorej P, Mouzaihem H, Weaver DW, Kim SH, and Macedo FI. American Journal of Surgery 2020; 219: 181-184.
- Preclinical assessment with clinical validation of Selinexor with gemcitabine and nab-paclitaxel for the treatment of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Azmi AS, Khan HY, Muqbil I, Aboukameel A*, Neggers JE, Daelemans D, Mahipal A, Dyson G, Kamgar M, Al-Hallak MN, Tesfaye A, Kim S, Shidham V, Mohammad RM, and Philip PA. Clin Cancer Res 2020 Mar 15; 26(6): 1338–1348.
- Effects of Hospital Volume and Regionalization of Care in Patients Undergoing Pancreatic Cancer Resection: A Propensity-Score Matched Analysis. Mesquita-Neto JW, Cmorej P, Shahait A, Kim S, Weaver DW, and Macedo FI.Journal of the American College of Surgeons 2019; 229 (4): S172-S173.
- Safety and Efficacy of the Keystone and Rhomboid Flaps for Immediate Reconstruction after Wide Local Excision of Non-head and Neck Melanomas. Taleb M, Choi LW, and Kim SH. World Journal of Surgical Oncology 2016; 14: 269.
- Barriers to adequate follow-up during adjuvant therapy may be important factors in the worse outcome for Black women after breast cancer treatment. Kim SH, Ferrante JM, Won B, and Hameed MR. World Journal of Surgical Oncology 2008; 6: 26.
General surgery clerkship, biweekly case conference, bimonthly didactic lectures to 3rd year, student mentor, surgical clerkship oral examiner for 3rd year
Surgical oncology teaching, biweekly case conference, residents mentor, mock orals examiner for PGY3