Meet Our Faculty
Ramesh Babu Batchu, M.Phil., Ph.D.
Director, Division of Surgical Oncologyand Developmental Therapeutics
540 E Canfield St
Department of Surgery,
Wayne State University School of Medicine
Detroit, MI, 48201, USA.
PANCREATIC AND OVARIAN CANCERS
– M.Sc., University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, India
– M.Phil., Ph.D., Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India.
– Post-doctoral Fellowship: University of Arkansas, Little Rock, AR.
- Engraftment of mesothelin chimeric antigen receptor using a hybrid Sleeping Beauty/minicircle vector into NK-92MI cells for treatment of pancreatic cancer
Ramesh B Batchu, Oksana V Gruzdyn, Pavan S Tavva, Bala K Kolli, Rajesh Dachepalli, Donald W Weaver, Scott A Gruber. Surgery 166 (4), 503-508. 2019
- Inhibition of IL-10 Augments Mesothelin Chimeric Antigen Receptor T Cell Activity in Epithelial Ovarian Cancer
Ramesh B Batchu, Oksana V Gruzdyn, Ebrahem M Mahmud, Sagar Rohondia, Santosh K Manmari, Suman P Tavva, Udaya P Sri, Gamal Mostafa, Donald W Weaver, Scott A Gruber. Journal of the American College of Surgeons 227 (4), e215-e216. 2018
- Inhibition of Interleukin-10 in the tumor microenvironment can restore mesothelin chimeric antigen receptor T cell activity in pancreatic cancer in vitro
Ramesh B Batchu, Oksana V Gruzdyn, Ebrahem M Mahmud, Fatme Chukr, Rajesh Dachepalli, Santosh K Manmari, Gamal Mostafa, Donald W Weaver, Scott A Gruber. Surgery 163 (3), 627-632. 2018
- Mesothelin Chimeric Antigen Receptor (CAR)-Mediated Therapy for Ovarian Cancer
Oksana V Gruzdyn, Scott A Gruber, Ramesh B Batchu, Ebrahem M Mahmud, Fatme K Chukr, Rajesh Dachepalli, Santosh K Manmari, Advaitha Tiruvaipati, Gamal Mostafa, Donald W Weaver. Journal of the American College of Surgeons 225 (4), e47. 2017
- Pancreatic Cancer Cell Lysis by Cell-Penetrating Peptide-MAGE-A3–Induced Cytotoxic T Lymphocytes
Ramesh B Batchu, Oksana V Gruzdyn, Aamer M Qazi, Ebrahem M Mahmud, Gamal Mostafa, Donald W Weaver, Scott A Gruber. JAMA surgery 151 (11), 1086-1088. 2016
MEDICAL STUDENTS: Instruction in laboratory research, cell culture techniques associated with RNA interference projects.
GRADUATE STUDENTS: Honors thesis with immunotherapy projects, instruction in laboratory research, cell culture techniques.
RESIDENTS: Laboratory training, process of blood products, dendritic cell and T cell-related culture work.