Meet Our Faculty
Lydia Woo-Young Choi-Kim, MD
4100 John R, M/C HW04HO
Detroit, MI 48201
– American Board of Surgery – Certified
M.D. – University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, NJ.
B.S. – Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA
– Clinical Fellow, Department of Breast Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, NY, NY
– General Surgery Residency, Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, PA
– Research Fellow, Laboratory of Dr Bhuvanesh Singh, MD,
– Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, NY, NY
– General Surgery Residency, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH
MAJOR PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES:
– American College of Surgeons
– Society of Surgical Oncology
– Hour Detroit Magazine Top Doctor 2018
– Faculty Mentor for DMC GME QuESST Research Day – 3rd place winner 2013
– American Cancer Society Institutional Research Grant
Prevention of postpneumonectomy syndrome in children with prophylactic tissue expander insertion.
Choi L, LaQuaglia MP, Cordeiro PG.
J Pediatr Surg. 2012 Jul;47(7):1354-7.
Medical Students – 3rd year Breast Surgery clinic rotation supervisor, 4th year Breast Surgery elective supervisor
Residents – Breast Surgery rotation education director (General Surgery residents), Obstetrics/Gynecology resident Breast clinic rotation supervisor, supervisor for resident presentations at Breast multidisciplinary tumor board
Mentorship – General Surgery resident research mentor/General Surgery resident mentor, medical student research mentor