Meet Our Faculty
Choichi Sugawa, MD
4201 St. Antoine
Detroit, MI 48201
Colonoscopy, Endoscopic Retrograde Cholansio-Pancreatography, Esophagogastroduodenoscopy, Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
– 32nd Examination of Japanese National Boards
– M.D. – University of Tokyo, Toyko, Japan
– University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
– Ph.D. – Fellow, GI Surgery, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI
- Acute lower gastrointestinal bleeding in 1,112 patients admitted to an urban emergency medical center. Gayer C, Chino A, Lucas C, Tokioka S, Yamasaki T, Edelman DA, Sugawa C. Surgery. 2009 Oct;146(4):600-6; discussion 606-7
- Spontaneous gastric decompression of peripancreatic collection. Conway WC, Brown KL, Sugawa C, Lucas CE. Am J Surg. 2008 Oct;196(4):e29-30.
- Clinical evaluation and management of caustic injury in the upper gastrointestinal tract in 95 adult patients in an urban medical center. Tohda G, Sugawa C, Gayer C, Chino A, McGuire TW, Lucas CE. Surg Endosc. 2008 Apr;22(4):1119-25. Epub 2007 Oct 27.
Lectures, clinical bedside, procedure, ambulatory instruction and laboratory precepting