Meet Our Faculty
Gamal Mostafa, MD, FRCS, FACS
4646 John R C4684
Detroit, MI 48201
Abdominal Pain: Acute/Chronic, Colonoscopy, Liver Biopsy, Liver Cancer, Liver Disease
– American Board of Surgery – Board Certified
– Surgical Critical Care – Board Certified
– MB. Bch, Cairo University School of Medicine, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
– Chief Resident, General Surgery, Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, NC
– General Surgery Residency, Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, NC
– Research Resident General Surgery, Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, NC
– Resident in General Surgery, Howard University, Washington, DC
– Resident in General Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester MN
– Military Surgical Resident, The Egyptian Army, Suez Canal, Egypt
– Thoracic Surgery Fellow, Mayo Clinic, Rochester MN
– Trauma and SICU Fellow, Mayo Clinic, Rochester MN
– Trauma and SICU Fellow, Jersey Shore Medical Center, Neptune, NJ
– Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists United Kingdom
– American College of Surgeons
– Society of Critical Care Medicine
– Southeastern Surgical Society
- Complications of spilled gallstones after laparoscopic cholecystectomy.
Dida K, Mostafa G.
- Emphysematous gastritis with delayed gastric perforation.
Wormer BA, Mostafa G.
- A review of factors that affect mortality following colectomy.
Klima DA, Brintzenhoff RA, Agee N, Walters A, Heniford BT, Mostafa G.
- Images in clinical medicine. Ileocecal intussusception.
Whitfield JD, Mostafa G.
- Evaluation of selective treatment of penetrating abdominal trauma.
Schmelzer TM, Mostafa G, Gunter OL Jr, Norton HJ, Sing RF.
General surgery clerkship
Board review sessions, weekly M&M, weekly Journal Club