Samantha Tarras, MD FACS
Assistant Professor of Surgery (Clinician Educator)
Wayne State University School of Medicine
Associate Program Director General Surgery Residency
Medical Director, Surgical ICU
Harper University Hospital and Karmanos Cancer Institute
PRIMARY SITE: Detroit Receiving Hospital, Harper University Hospital, and Sinai Grace Hospital
OTHER AFFILIATIONS: Hutzel Women’s Hospital, and Karmanos Cancer Center, and Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan
CLINICAL INTERESTS: Robotic Minimally Invasive Surgery, Emergency General Surgery, Trauma, and Surgical Critical Care
– American Board Surgery (Sub: Critical Care Surgery)
– Board Certified American Board Surgery – Board Certified
– M.D., Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI
– B.S., University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
– Surgical Critical Care Fellowship. University of Michigan. Ann Arbor, MI
– General Surgery Residency. Wayne State University/Detroit Medical Center. Detroit, MI
Tarras SL, Diebel LN, Liberati DM, Ginnebaugh K.
Surgery. 2013 Oct;154(4):841-7; discussion 847-8. doi: 10.1016/j.surg.2013.07.018.
Akt2 negatively regulates assembly of the POSH-MLK-JNK signaling complex.
Figueroa C, Tarras S, Taylor J, Vojtek AB.
J Biol Chem. 2003 Nov 28;278(48):47922-7. Epub 2003 Sep 21.
Residents – Teaching rounds, outpatient clinic, OR, anatomy course, mock surgery oral board exams