Mihaela-Elena Rapolti , MD
Assistant Professor of Surgery (Clinician Educator)
Wayne State University School of Medicine
SPECIALTY: Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
PRIMARY SITE: Harper University Hospital, Karmanos Cancer Center
OTHER AFFILIATIONS: Children’s Hospital of Michigan, Detroit Receiving Hospital, Harper Hospital, Hutzel Women’s Hospital, Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan
– Associate Member American Society of Plastic Surgeons
– Associate Member of Southeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons
CLINICAL INTERESTS: General Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Microsurgery, Burn Surgery Reconstruction, Hand Surgery, Breast Reconstruction, Reconstruction after Sarcoma Resection
LANGUAGE(S): English, French, Romanian
M.D. – Universitatea de Medicina Carol Davila, Bucharest, Romania
– University of North Carolina: Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Residency
– Universitatea de Medicina Carol Davila, Bucharest, Romania: Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Residency
– Burn Surgery Fellowship: John H. Stroger Hospital of Cook County, Chicago, IL
– Hand Surgery Fellowships: Institut de la main, and Institut francais de chirurgie de la main, Paris, France
– Diplome Inter-Universitaire de Techniques Microchirurgicale – Paris, France
Chapter 12. Breast Reconstruction, in Plastic Surgery Essentials for Students 9th Edition (2018)
Rapolti M, Roughton M. ASPS Young Plastic Surgeons Steering Committee
Under Pressure – Applying Practice-Based Learning and Improvement to the Treatment of Chronic Neuropathic Pain in Patients with Burns.
Rapolti, M., Wu, C., Schuth, O.A., Hultman C.S. Clinics in Plastic Surgery, Oct. 2017, Volume 44, Issue 4: 925–934
Abstract: Peripheral Nerve Decompression for the Treatment of Chronic Pain in Burn Patients: Learning Curve Analysis to Determine Effect of Surgical Volume on Complications and Clinical Outcomes.
Rapolti, M.E., Wu, C., Schuth, O., Hultman, C.S. Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open 2016 Sep; 4(9 Suppl): 71-72. Published online 2016 Sep 16.
Residents – rounds in clinics/operating room, research
Teaching interest: microsurgery