Gamal Mostafa, MD, FRCS, FACS
Chief of Surgery,
John D Dingell VA Medical Center
Associate Program Director
Wayne State University School of Medicine
PRIMARY SITE: Karmanos Cancer Center
OTHER AFFILIATIONS: Berry Surgical Center, Detroit Receiving Hospital, DMC Surgical Hospital, Harper University Hospital, Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital, Karmanos Cancer Center, Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan, Sinai-Grace Hospital, VA Medical Center
CLINICAL INTERESTS: Abdominal Pain: Acute/Chronic, Colonoscopy, Liver Biopsy, Liver Cancer, Liver Disease
– American Board of Surgery – Board Certified
– Surgical Critical Care – Board Certified
– Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists United Kingdom
– American College of Surgeons
– Society of Critical Care Medicine
– Southeastern Surgical Society
– MB. Bch, Cairo University School of Medicine, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
– Chief Resident, General Surgery, Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, NC
– General Surgery Residency, Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, NC
– Research Resident General Surgery, Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, NC
– Resident in General Surgery, Howard University, Washington, DC
– Resident in General Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester MN
– Military Surgical Resident, The Egyptian Army, Suez Canal, Egypt
– Thoracic Surgery Fellow, Mayo Clinic, Rochester MN
– Trauma and SICU Fellow, Mayo Clinic, Rochester MN
– Trauma and SICU Fellow, Jersey Shore Medical Center, Neptune, NJ
Complications of spilled gallstones after laparoscopic cholecystectomy.
Dida K, Mostafa G.
Emphysematous gastritis with delayed gastric perforation.
Wormer BA, Mostafa G.
A review of factors that affect mortality following colectomy.
Klima DA, Brintzenhoff RA, Agee N, Walters A, Heniford BT, Mostafa G.
Images in clinical medicine. Ileocecal intussusception.
Whitfield JD, Mostafa G.
Evaluation of selective treatment of penetrating abdominal trauma.
Schmelzer TM, Mostafa G, Gunter OL Jr, Norton HJ, Sing RF.
Residents – board review sessions, weekly M&M, weekly Journal Club